Monday, May 18, 2009

Event: Vicki's Graduation

A few months ago an old friend back from when I lived in Phoenix, AZ contacted me through facebook , which, by the way if we're not friends yet then click HERE and friend me!  She has been going to Gallaudet University, a school for the deaf here in Washington, D.C., where she obtained a masters degree in Interpretation and she wanted me to photograph the the graduation ceremony.  It was so fun because her entire family came and so I got to see her brother & sister who I was also friends with wayyyy by in Jr. high!  It's been nearly 15 years since I had seen them and it was all because of Facebook (which I have a love/hate relationship with).  They were all sooo proud of Vicki, the first member in their family to obtain a masters degree!  Congrats Vicki!  And if any of my blog readers ever need a sign language interpreter let me know and I'll put you in touch with Vicki!


The whole gang being silly! 
The big moment!
My goal was to get a great shot of them "clapping".  I've always thought this was a beautiful sign and the silence of it make it so powerful.
The proud dad!

Everyone who was in her program...
The whole family!









Hooray!
I also got a few shots of her nephew who just turned 3.
I really LOVE this one!
Brotherly love!

Thanks Bond family!  It was so great to see you all again!





1 comment:

Katherine Klegin said...

Hey There Erin, I'm not sure who introduced me to your blog, but I'm pretty sure we go to the same church, so I bet it's one of my girlfriends there. I just wanted to let you know that I've been looking through your blog and I feel totally inspired. I am a budding photographer, and I'm really loving your take on life through photos.