Wednesday, July 16, 2008

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY!

Ok, so no need to be jealous. It has been raining since the moment we got here! The first day I thought, "Oh, it's ok. This will give us a day to recover", especially since Haley woke up with a fever that morning. The second day I thought "Hm, this kind of stinks, but it's ok, we'll just make it up tomorrow." Yesterday, I was still hopeful but today was the last straw. It has been pouring down rain for 4 days now, today being the worst day. Streets are flooded, we ended up in the Urgent Care center for both Haley and my sister (nothing serious) and we are SO SICK of being inside. Florida is NOT the best state to find indoor activities. One would assume that when you're in FL. you can be outside all day, but not for us! Anyway, below is a photo of what it looked like this morning when I woke up. You could just see the wall of rain headed our way and the next photo is pretty much what it looks like now. We can't even leave our condo b\c the roads are flooded. Arg...


The trees are nearly horizontal in the wind...

Right now (Wed. afternoon)...

And these next two of Haley describe perfectly how we're all feeling about now...
Sleepy

And grumpy...


Sorry I don't have anything more interesting to post! If the rain goes away I'll definitely get out there with the camera!

2 comments:

Julia MacInnis Photography said...

I am so sorry! Beautiful photos but I'm cracking up...Haley's photos show the true spirit of a sick kid. VA will welcome you home.

Armin de Fiesta said...

Oh man that sux! But those are some really cool photos you got though! =)