Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Light: redo

I didn't like the quality of my images on my last post so I am reposting the same post with better images this time! So I'm sorry if you're reading this twice. If not, enjoy!


I arrived home this morning from the wonderful, amazing and life changing One Light Workshop taught by the super talented Zack Arias and hosted by the wonderful Eleise Theuer (sorry for the sucking up, but it's all true!). We had a fantastic day of learning and shooting. I was able to spend some time with my friends that I also met at the Susan Stripling workshop back in February. Zack's whole philosophy is to teach you how to do a LOT with a little (one light and some modifiers). I love how he explains things and works, he has inspired me in so many ways and has really sparked an interest in commercial/fashion photography. So, here are my images (totally set up by Zack) from yesterday. I can't wait to work on some of the techniques he taught me and keep checking back because I really hope to be developing some new ideas from what I've learned this week.
And thanks Kussie, Kera and Paula for being such fantastic models!




In case you're wondering, there's a light inside the dryer...




These definitely have the same feel as "Pushing Daisies" the show on ABC. Very bright, contrasty colors with dark feeling. LOVE IT!



This girl is gorgeous! It's hard to take a bad picture of her.



Same lighting setup, different exposures.


And finally, a portrait of the fabulous Zack Arias. He was nice enough to sit for me while I tried out some lighting.


Ahhh, much better now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ERin! These are fantastic! I'm going to link to this post when I update my blog tomorrow. Great portrait of Zack!!!!

xxoo eleise

jennifer hunter photography said...

Great shots, Erin!! I love the portrait of Zack at the end ;-) So glad to meet you. We're not that far away from each other, so maybe we'll cross paths again at some point. Stay in touch and good luck with your business!