Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Armin DeFiesta Photography


Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Armin DeFiesta, the owner of Armin DeFiesta Photography! I put an announcement out awhile back that I was available to be a second shooter for weddings on Open Source Photo, a online forum for photographers and Armin saw my work and was kind enough to agree to meet with me!
We had a great talk and were able to discuss not only our style, which we agree is unique to the East Coast, but also the ups and downs of running your own business. We are excited to help cultivate more of an open forum and network between DC photographers, pay it forward baby! Being a photographer can be a lonely business, you are mainly working by yourself so it is great to be able to bounce ideas off other people who you admire. And hopefully I will be learning a lot from Armin as I am able to shoot along side of him this coming year! I'm very excited to have this opportunity and appreciate Armin's confidence in me.
He also gave me a little blog love on his blog the other day, check it out, click here!

3 comments:

Armin de Fiesta said...

Thanks for the shout out Erin! I can't wait to meet up again and work with you!

Chris H said...

Glad you met the best in the area! Armin is a great mentor so you will learn a lot from him. Hopefully sometime when I come up, we can have a photographers get together. Good luck on your career.

Erin Harvey said...

You have definitely run across a great mentor and I wish you the best with your business! It is so great to be doing what you're passionate about. More power to the sharing of ideas, it will surely benefit everyone. =)